Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The yellow rope


The following story has become one of the highlighting moments of my time spent in Hawaii and after watching the clip I'm SURE you'll understand why. Me and my friends decided to be active and go on a hike at Kahana Bay. I'm not gonna write a whole lot because the video pretty much explains it all. The hour long hike through the jungle leads to a fresh waterhole with a rope swing. Everyone attempted the rope swing for the first time and my good friend Jessie....well, she did not land very comfortably. We were laughing sooo hard but at the same time I was really sad that we didn't catch that glorious moment on film. I assumed it was the kind of thing that you're only lucky enough to see once in a lifetime. BUT, no i was wrong. Jessie agreed to do it again, but I wasn't going to get my hopes up because we gave her a lot of pointers. Such as hanging on until the rope reaches its highest point before plunging into the water. Alas, she went for the second time, no lesson learned, and the following footage was captured. I blame Gregory Walton Steele for the poor cinematography. But with the sound effects you can pretty much tell how the landing ended. Enjoy! Rated PG-13 for strong language.

No comments: